Friday, January 25, 2013

Hello World!


Hello world,

Being a substitute teacher, I come across hundreds of ideas for my own classroom and experience hilarious stories and heart strings being pulled by the little (and big) ones of elementary school students.  My idea for this blog is to use it as a toolbox/journal of things I come across and stories I want to share.  I've been inspired by many of my friends who are teaching abroad or starting their first year as a teacher who have created a blog to keep in contact.  My friends and family constantly remark about how they love my hilarious Facebook status about my students and want to know more. So....here it is! I'm also constantly taking photos and thinking "OH that'd be great to do in my own classroom or OH I would change it this way" so for my own purposes I want to talk and journal about what I hope for when I finally get my own classroom.  THEN hopefully, I can turn this into a blog about my own classroom.
A Little Bit About ME
  • I graduated from Western Oregon University (Go WOLVES!) in 2011.
  • I'm working on my Master's at WOU in Information Technology (essentially using technology in the classroom) currently.
  • I've been a substitute teacher for about a year and half.  I just recently finished a long-term position for a 3rd grade classroom.  They were amazing little angels!
  • My favorite place on Earth is my cabin in Montana.
  • I love Pinterest! (Soooo many ideas!)
  • I have a love for food, but I'm not that good of a cook, yet!
  • Another random love I have....fake cheese! Mmm Nachos!
  • I have the coolest teacher name, I mean who wouldn't want Miss Smart as their teacher?
I hope you enjoy my experiences and ideas!
-K

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! You blog looks great. I like your choice in layout and the water color type background. It's great that you are getting a chance to "try out" many different grades while subbing. There was always a little part of me that wondered how it would be to sub and get to see many different schools, classrooms, and grades. Thanks for sharing the ideas you have on your blog.

    ReplyDelete