Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Blog Inspiration

Tonight I want to share with you one of my favorite blogs,

The Worldly Adventures of Caelen Bensen

It's written by one of my best friends and it's just a blog full of her stories and experiences in life.  She has taught abroad for the past 2 years and is full of amazing stories.  It helps that she is just an amazing writer (she just got published in a local newspaper and has other writing gigs coming up...so proud of her!).  I had been talking with her a couple weeks ago about how I have so many ideas about what I want in my classroom and was of course sharing with her some of the hilarious kids I come across while subbing and she suggested and encouraged me to start a blog.  So I listened to her (it also helped that I needed to start one for a Master's class) AND she was so right.  It's actually very liberating to just jot down my ideas and share my experiences with those that are interested.

This girl is my inspiration and my soul sister.  I guarantee you she will be a famous writer someday.  Currently, she's teaching in the Dominican Republic and as of today it's 45 days till I get to visit her there! I'm so excited!


I, of course, have a ton of teaching blogs I love (I mean who doesn't when they use Pinterest) but I really wanted to share this one because it's one I truly enjoy and am inspired from.  Have a great week all!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment