Monday, February 11, 2013

Shared Writing

Like I've mentioned before, I always struggle with teaching writing.  I need as many ideas as I can get and let me just say this one is a gem!  Such a great idea for a station during a literacy block or reading rotations.

It's called Shared Writing

Here are just a few ideas but the possibilities are endless! 

Within this classroom I subbed in the students had Shared Writing as a rotation during their literacy block.  The group of students assigned to that station all sat around a table and picked one of the topics available and wrote a story that related to the topic.  Students can go back through the book and read other classmates' stories and add their own as well.  I loved the idea of students sharing their writing.  Often times students are anxious to share their writing but due to time constraints it is something that is easily skipped.  It's important to allow kids to share their work, taking ownership and showing pride is a great way to develop an inspired and passionate writer.

Can't wait to try this one in my own classroom!

~K




1 comment: